Saturday, January 15, 2011
My New Cookbooks and Baking Blog
Remember how I mentioned the book Cookie Craft and how I couldn't afford to buy it right then and there? This was only a month and two posts ago, so you can scroll down a little bit to jog your memory. Well for an early birthday present, I received a $50 Chapters giftcard and naturally, I knew exactly what I wanted to buy. However, every Chapters I went to didn't have it in stock and the giftcard burned a hole in my purse for an additional week before I decided to purchase it online. The best part about it was that the Chapters website is cheaper than the actual bookstore, so I saved over five dollars off the cover price of the book. I also purchased the Pioneer Woman Cookbook (whom I'm also a fan of) so I could qualify for the website's free shipping.
Total savings = $15. Thank you online Chapters! Thank you Uncle and Auntie!
I recently started a baking blog to keep track of my baking photos and document my new-found hobby. I also signed up for a cake decorating class at Michael's that starts on January 30th, which finally fulfills my two year long desire to learn how to properly decorate cakes and have the nerve to sign up for and take the class. Basically, I've been wanting to do this for a while, so it feels good to finally make do on that promise to myself.
I suggest you check it out for decent recipes and pictures of stuff I've done lately. And then keep checking back because I'm bursting with ideas so I'll probably update often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment