Like everyone else on the planet, I'll sometimes have a shitty day. I'll usually blame it on the fact that the weather sucks, I have laundry or dishes that I don't want to do or I've just forgotten to eat something in the last three hours, therefore I am cranky. Naturally, I turn to the internet to cheer me up. Someone out there always has to be having a shittier day, so I can usually use that to make myself feel a little bit better.
Of course, there is also a nicer way for me to have a better day, and that is when I log onto youtube. Where the hell was life without youtube? I remember trying to download music videos because it was the only way that I could view any type of decent video file, which in turn would result in a fried laptop thanks to all the viruses I got instead.
In no particular order, here are some of my favourite youtube videos that make my day a little bit brighter.
I was never aware of this video until The Office Wedding Episode, since Trevor is terrible at keeping me up to date with viral videos. Let's just say that in a nutshell, this makes the song "Forever" by Chris Brown much better.
My brother showed me this video one Christmas. It's so catchy that you can't help getting it stuck in your head. Plus, I am a Harry Potter nerd.
The film school nerd in me also loves this video, which is in my opinion the best thing derrickcomedy did. It's very plausible that a film student would name their work something like "Saturn Unleashed." Oh, and the awfulness that is the red font for the credits? YES!
On a more serious note, "Kiwi" is one of the films that I watch to put things in perspective about dreams and life.
This pretty much just re-enforces my love of hamsters and how I want one. Look at it, its so cute! Just a moving, furry ball, I want to pick it up!
Honestly, everything I love in life is made up in this 2 minute video. Catchy music, stupid dancing (I'm torn between the kicking guy or the chunky girl in the back who appears for five seconds), a background that won't stay put....oh and 5 DIFFERENT NACHOS!
Most likely, my favourite Lonely Island song. Ever. Enough said.
So that pretty much sums it up, if I'm having a bad day due to too much laundry, not enough food or sunshine, I can always turn to youtube to make my day seem a little bit better.
2 comments:
Hey Jess
Thanks for the videos. I'm kinda different in my YouTube tastes in that I prefer either trailer mash-ups or clips of professional performers doing their thing. But mostly it's clips from movies and tv shows that I like to revisit. Here are just some more recent ones that I really like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WC-AG5vigI
This one is Rob Paulson (voice actor extraordinaire who did Yakko on ANIMANIACS) singing "The Nations of the World" song. Seeing clips like that just fuel's my desire to make a doc about voice over actors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gNdmNQyTzU
Ever since seeing UP and UP IN THE AIR, I've wanted to see a mash-up of them, and here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=382X0Wbo3Ko
This is my all time favorite mash-up of MONSTERS. INC and THE BIG LEBOWSKI. JUst goes to show how subversive MONSTERS. INC really is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ6W7wzTY0o
And this is one of my favorite clips of Kevin Smith live in his element. And the woman's comments in the background make it funnier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RB2BvvByUo
Oh. and here's a clip of Meg White of The White Stripes singing "In the Cold, Cold Night". After seeing THE WHITE STRIPES UNDER THE GREAT WHITE NORTHERN LIGHTS, I finally became a fan of the band, and of Meg. And after seeing this, if I had the choice between Meg White and Megan Fox, I'd go with Meg White.
Post a Comment