Friday Five!
1. How many hours’ sleep do you need in order to be at your best, and what’s the minimum you can get on a regular basis and still be functional?
I like to get the usual 6-8 hours of sleep in order to be completely functional, although I've been forced to function at 4-5 hours as well, which isn't pretty. Anything less than 6 and I'm pretty grumpy.
2. What’s your favorite sleeping position?
On my back, with occasional rolling from side to side. Sleeping on my stomach hurts my back.
3. What was the cause of your most recent difficulty sleeping?
Just work-stress related, concerns on if I were missing or forgot anything.
4. When you can’t seem to drift off to sleep right away, what are some things you do to bring about sleep?
I tend to read a book or play my DS. Bright screens make me s-l-e-e-p-y.
5. When did you last doze off at an inappropriate time or in an inappropriate place?
I have a habit of falling asleep in movie theaters if I'm bored/tired. I also used to fall asleep in classes when I was in university.
1 comment:
It's funny you posting about sleeping. In the last 48 hours or so, I've only slept maybe 2 hours. I was working on an assignment that I hadn't started yet that was due today. In cases like that, I've found I've been able to push myself beyond the need for sleep. I discovered a caffeine cocktail of sorts that have allowed me to stay up all night.
I sleep on my left side, which is weird because I'm right handed. Comes from when I was younger and shared a room with Matt. He's have his light on for hours, so I always had to turn away to sleep.
I've been falling asleep in movie theatres as well. Usually it's during the second matinee on a Friday afternoon. I've also learned how to sleep sitting up, like a horse.
Post a Comment