The title came from Shelly's flipbook on her desk titled "I Bitch, therefore I Am." There were many more to choose from, but I figured that this would be more appropriate since I am at work and I'm ruining my weekend by being here on a night-shoot that is supposedly going to go until 1am. I guess I could complain more about it, but it is work and its what I love (sometimes) and three weeks from now, I'll just be hopping on the EI wagon anyway.
So once again, it seems like another film season has come and gone. Although I have worked on many shows this year, it seems like less than last year. Or else it just went by too fast this time around. I'm somewhat looking forward to being done my current show, but I know my enjoyment is only going to last for about a week, then I'll be bored out of my skull and climbing the walls for something constructive and creative to do that does not involve video games and sitting on my ass infront of the tv.
Right now I have a few things to look forward to. Trevor's last completed film Van Go! just got into the WildSound Toronto Film Festival, so he'll be there for about 5 days in the end of the month. We also just got approved for a better/nicer apartment just down the back alley (hooray for moving out of the basement!), so that means packing up and moving all(!!) of our shit at the end of September. I'm also still researching buying a hamster, the care that is needed, supplies and stuff like that, so at least that might be something to have/look after when I'm done work. Lastly, we have to decide what our annual trip will be this year. Last year was Vancouver, which was awesome, so maybe we'll go the other direction, like Ottawa. Or just splurge on somewhere closer and longer, like West Ed Mall in Edmonton for a week. Lastly, the Westjet Vacation website always has packages, so maybe we'll do that (Las Vegas!!).
We're still looking at options of course, because for all we know, another job could magically pop up, which, as they say, is the magic of the film industry.
1 comment:
Hey Jess
Once again, you're welcome for the apartment. And Trevor's going to be in Toronto? Wow. Maybe I will see my friends from the program more than I thought.
As for your annual trip, I'd advise against going to Edmonton solely for West Edmonton Mall. The novelty wears off really quickly after the first two days, so it just gets boring. I learned this from the Hero's Return trip with Matt. If you do go to Edmonton, plan other stuff.
But yeah, Ottawa and Vegas sound like good ideas.
Post a Comment