Saturday, September 05, 2009

What I would do with $1,000,000.

If I ever got (legally) a hold of $1,000,000 there are a lot of things I would buy/pay off. First and foremost would be that I would pay off my student loan, despite the fact that I am thinking about paying off the rest in one large chunk right now (I've been paying it off for over 2 years now and why not, since I have the money to and then I don't have to pay the extra interest in the next 4 years that they are expecting me to pay it off). I would also buy a place of our own, since its a much better investment than renting a place.

Since I don't really have much bills anyhow, I would also travel and go somewhere awesome and far away for a while. I've never been overseas and I want to travel when I am still young and not tied down with responsibilities like kids, pets and a permenant job that I can't take time off for.

Lastly, I would also put half of it into a savings account and let it grow. I live on very little money anyways, so living off the interest would be a good plan.

What would everyone else do?

1 comment:

Luke Annand said...

I'd divide it into thirds. One third I'd invest in government bonds so that it grows overtime and I don't lose it when the stock market crashes. A third in buying a really sweet house in the Cathedral Area. And then a third for financing my first film(s).