This post is part of a contest for a series of books that I have loved for a long time now.
In grade 11, when I had moved away from all my high school friends, I picked up a book called Sloppy Firsts and instantly fell in love with it.
In the summer after my grade 12 graduation, I picked up Second Helpings and could not believe how much I could relate to it.
In my 3rd year of university (it would eventually take me 5 years), I walked the 45 minute walk to Chapters on the day of it's release to pick up Charmed Thirds.
In the summer before my 4th year of school would begin, I also walked to Chapters (maybe pranced would be a better word?) to pick up a shinely new copy of Forth Comings.
This coming April 14th, 2009, is when the last book, Perfect Fifths, comes out. It has almost faithfully followed my age bracket as closely as I have followed the series, along with the main character, one named Jessica Darling. I have envisioned many ways that I have picked up the book: Now that I have a car, I imagined driving to the same Chapters and picking it up, only to come straight home and devour it. Now that I own a credit card, I imagined pre-ordering it off of Amazon.ca and awaiting it's arrival, shutting myself in my room and devouring it.
This post is part of a contest-within-a-contest that the author, Megan McCafferty, has put together, as noted on her retro-blog. Since I did not win the first round, this is attempt number two. The prize? An advanced copy of Perfect Fifths.
Here is one of the winning entries from the youtube video contest:
Once again, Perfect Fifths is available on April 14, 2009, but you can still pre-order it, either from Barnes & Nobles, Amazon.com or Amazon.ca, depending on where you are from. :)
1 comment:
Don't wait for it to be delivered. The last two times I waited for the new Harry Potter to come out, I ended up waiting all day for Canada Post to show and ended up just going to Chapters and picking it up myself.
I say, make the effort to actually get it yourself at Chapters. Then read the first chapter in your car in the parking lot, go home, brew a thermos of coffee, and read the entire thing in one night. When you read the last chapters as the sun is coming up, it makes the experience all the more powerful.
Just try not to get a Spanish pop song stuck in your head during the really emotional parts. Kinda ruins it for you.
Post a Comment