Saturday, September 27, 2008

I, too, may need a hobby

So next week, I will begin my second week of being unemployed, which in turn is Trevor's last week of being employed (unless we get lucky with any coming up in the near future). I'm slowly reaching a point of being somewhat bored during my days. If I didn't feel so guilty, I would probably spend 90% of my sunny, warm day staring at my laptop screen, playing games and such. But no, I can't do that, especially when its sunny and the apartment smells like day old dishes.

Pretty much everyone I know works full-time and thus envys me for having all this nice, free time to myself. I'm not going to lie, two-weeks-ago me also once envied present-time me. Now I've just run out of things that I once wanted to do.

I was talking to my friend Heather last night and we got on the subject of hobbies and how I need one. The subject was a little odd though, because Heather claimed that she doesn't have one. She's a substitute teacher during the day, she takes university classes at night and when she is not doing that, she works part-time at a daycare. Who has time for a hobby in all that?

I used to have hobbies, when I was younger and in high school/first few years of university. I used to scrapbook, but now I keep all my photos in digital form so they don't take up photo album space in my place. I used to design and create websites, but the appeal was lost when I couldn't keep up with the demands and it was getting in the way of my schoolwork.

Right now I'm into my DDR (up to 2 hours a day - what a workout!), walking around Regina and cooking meals. I don't know if you could count them as hobbies, but they amuse me for now. Until the snow hits or I find another job.

No comments: