Yesterday, I spent most of the day feeling shitty. I woke up with a headache and sore-ish throat, but I forced myself through the day, doing the usual of picking up essentials at Walmart, going for coffee with Heather (and stealing a couple of her crunchy, oil-fried fries) and then giving up and deciding to stay in for the rest of the afternoon/evening/night, despite having plans to go hang out at Rob's.
I slept for a bit that night, but then I woke up around 12:30am-ish and I felt worse. My body ached, my stomach felt bloated/disgusting, my skin felt cold and clammy and my head was spinning. There was no way I could go back to sleep. And I stayed that way until 2am.
Well, now I'm trying to think what might have caused all this? Usually the first thing I blame is stress, but I look around and realize that I have nothing to be stressed about. I'm done university. I'm currently not working, although I have enough saved to get me through until next year if need be. I'm not sick (knock on wood), I'm not dealing with anything in a timely-matter, so I have no idea what is up. And then I realized that it is probably my diet.
When I started working in April, I always tried to take care of myself. I tried not to overeat and avoiding as much sugar as possible. I was on limited funds, so I barely ate out anywhere. I didn't drink pop (still can't, doesn't agree with me), rarely had coffee and tried to eat as much fruit and vegetables as possible.
I'm pretty sure that with the constant 6 months of working, a sugary/statchy craft table, paid take-out lunches from restaurants and the 12-14 hour coffee/diet coke-filled workdays, its no wonder that my body now hates me. I destroyed it, took everything I once did to care for it and threw it down the shitter. I mean, I probably tried to eat healthier, getting salads and such for lunches, but when 5pm rolled around and I knew that I wasn't leaving for another 3 hours, I needed something to get me through the rest of that time.
So now that is where this cleanse comes in. For all of today, everything I eat is going to be only in the fruit/veggie formation - no meat, no bread and barely any sugar. (I'm adding yogurt to my fruit smoothies to make them thicker, so a bit of milk is still good). What I'm doing can't be harmful. I'm only doing it for today, just to see if I feel better (maybe later on in the next few months, I can stretch it to 2-3 days). I'm not going to do anything stupid and strenuous, exercise-wise. I'm filling up on all the fruit/veggies that I want, and cleaning out the fridge as well. Plus, I'm totally getting all my vitamins and fiber in one day.
So far, I've been up since 11am and I've had a large fruit smoothie with yogurt, but now I'm boiling up some cauliflower and sauting some zucchini with carrots for lunch. Maybe I'll make some green tea too, which is my favourite tea (besides peppermint, which is always good when I eat something nasty).
I'll keep people posted on how this goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment