Thursday, October 02, 2008

Stupid Plumber

For the last few weeks, our apartment kitchen sink has been acting up, basically spitting up disgusting, smelly and foamy water about twice a day. Since Trevor's work hours are the same as our rental office hours, it was up to me to phone in and complain so that they can send someone over.

Well, I phoned about 2 hours ago and I'm still here waiting. I hate it, I could be doing so much more on this gloriously sunny day. I have this terrible feeling that I'll be waiting here all day for someone to come over and snake the damn sink. If we owned this place, I would have already gone out to get something to fix it, but no this is what we get for renting the place.

I'm in a better mood now that I can also eat that what I choose. Doing that whole fruit/veggie cleanse wasn't a terrible idea, it just threw off my eating for a day. I'm sure that if I was to do it for longer than a day, I would have gotten used to it. However, I've read that the first day of doing a cleanse is the worst, so I definitely suffered through the worst part of it. The only problem with eating nothing by fruit and vegetables all day is that they barely fill you up. It's like eating nothing but water and fiber. I probably made about 6 fruit smoothies just so I wouldn't feel so goddamn hungry all day. I would eat something and usually about an hour later, I'd be hungry again. I also craved bread, which was just because I wanted to eat something filling. The best greatest thing ever was eating oatmeal the next morning.


Maybe it needed more herbs.

Would I ever do this cleanse again? Probably, although I'll defiantly have to plan ahead. Maybe research better recipes so that my food actually tastes like something and lessen my craving for bread and sugar. Maybe I'll even plan stuff to do so I'm not stuck sitting in my living room, eating boiled cauliflower and dreaming of cupcakes.

No comments: