Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I could have had a car, but instead I bought myself a university degree

I guess the last entry was a little useless. Screw that, I refuse to apologize.

So I'm finally halfway through my FINAL semester. Five years of university is enough to make anyone rather put their brain through a meat grinder (I finally saw Sweeney Todd last Saturday -wheeee meat pies!) I lately have found myself lazily going in and out of caring about school and school related homework. Why bother since I'm almost done, right? Unfortunately it's always the last few classes that are the worst. Why aren't I done yet? I find myself asking this everyday.

So my final project is all shot, which is apparently puting me a tad farther than almost half of my 401 peers. Learning from last year, we sacrificed a true lighting plan and used the available lights in my apartment, which also included a string of Christmas bulbs. Visuals are not my specialty, but I've already learned ahead of time that directing is not going to be my ideal career path. Why should I bother going too much out of my way to fully impress a theatre full of people when I clearly already don't want to make my own films? I would much rather stress about other things this semester, thank you very much. (Effort will be put in though, I promise.)

Speaking of stress, I recently got a paint set/easel for my 23rd. If it won't combat attempts to anti-stress me, at least it will keep me occupied come September when I feel like I should be in school again.

(13 years of mandatory school + 5 years of self-inflicted post-secondary = 18 years of knowing nothing but school starting in the Fall)

So there is a small chance that towards the end of August, I may be in line at the Dollarama purchasing school supplies because my subconscious knows nothing else.

(I will also be supressing urges to throw large amounts of my hard-earned money at things, such as parked cars and passers-by people. Tuition fees conditioned me that way as well. )

No comments: