Sunday, March 27, 2011

Somedays, I feel like I could take on the world

As the title suggests, there are some days that are kind of crappy, but then on other days, I feel like I could take on the world. There are a few changes in my life that I have made, so maybe this could be why I feel so damn awesome:


Without really being aware of it, I've cut red meat out of my diet. I've never felt more awesome with this decision, as I've been meaning to do it for a while. I'm not sure how it will last, seeing as how my family is big on barbecuing in the summer, so when I do visit them, I'm sure it will come up. My Dad can grill a mean steak too, so we'll see how long I can resist this.


Yesterday, I also tried to make conscious decisions to eat better. I made tofu scramble and rye toast for breakfast, lunch was accidentally skipped in the form of a late afternoon movie and snacks (oops!) and for supper, we went to a thai restaurant and I purposely choose the tofu cashew stir-fry to amazing and very tasty results. The point is, tofu is awesome and I can't wait to find more recipes to use it in!


I've also starting to do yoga again. My legs are in a bit of pain right now from overdoing it yesterday, but I have a great feeling that I can continue this every day after work (or at least after running).


I've started drinking a small cup of coffee every morning before work. This ensures that I arrive to work alive as getting up at 6am is kind of a bitch. The good thing is that I do feel a little more purposeful and perky at my desk.
Freelance Whales
iTunes currently owns me. I'm scared to see what my credit card bill is going to be this month, as I've bought a lot of music in the last two weeks to make the coffee-fueled drive to work more interesting. Toronto radio can suck my ass!


I've started writing again. Anyone who knows me remembers how I used to enjoy writing stories before I hit university and suddenly ran out of time/energy/ideas. After a minor creativity breakdown last weekend, I rediscovered this former love and went with it. I haven't written in a few days now, as I hope to clear my head and go back and re-edit everything, but I find this to be awesomely relaxing, so we'll see where this new venture takes me.

I would dare the world to throw a curveball at me, but I'm scared for those results. Instead, I'm just going to enjoy how content I am with everything right now and time how long it will last. :)

No comments: