Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday 9

I got lazy and didn't bother filling in the rest of the week with random, whimsical postings of my life, so here is a Saturday 9 to entertain you.

1. What are you proud of?
I'm proud of the fact that I graduated university with a 4-year degree and that I paid off my student loan that same year.

2. What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize? How did you win it?
When I was younger, I used to play Community Channel TV Bingo (aka small town bingo) at my Grandma's when she would buy us extra cards. Once, my card won the blackout ($500) and I split the money with her since 1) I was under 18 and 2) she bought the bingo cards. The program has since been canceled, but it was a great bonding experience and I have a lot of great memories playing it with her.

3. Tell us about something you've done that in retrospect was a waste of time.
A lot of what I do on my computer in a non-dirty way is a considerable waste of time.

4. How old were you when life changed the most for you? How did it change?
My life changed a lot because we were always constantly moving and right now, we're in the middle of a transition having just moved to Toronto from sleepy Saskatchewan.

5. Tell us about a place that you've been that you considered to be very tranquil.
My parents' house, since it's right on the lake and 10 minutes from town, so it's a nice pace from the city-life I tend to leave.

6. Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
I don't have one, since I rarely watch the news.

7. If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it? Why?
Jessville, hehe. It would be named after me.

8. What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?
The catch-22 of not having work experience and trying to find a job. I hate that I need experience and that I can't get hired until I have it, but I need to be hired in order to gain it.

9. When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?
Reading and if that doesn't work, warm milk or a bath.

No comments: