Since we've moved into our new apartment, we decided not to hook up the internet/phone/cable again, since Trevor and I will be working in Saskatoon until late November and really, what is the point of paying for all these services that we aren't going to use? The hotel we are staying at in Saskatoon has internet and the always-more-awesome-than-home hotel cable, so there's no point in constantly coming back when everything service-wise that we need is all in Saskatoon.
The problem though is that I'm always used to having the internet at home. So when I'm watching a Jonathan Demme dvd I rented and I'm racking my brain for other films that I know he directed, I have no reliable source to look up upon to calm my nerves. Or if I have the urge to look up a recipe to something I screwed up on, I have nothing to fall back on. And lastly, I can't look up my facebook/twitter/three stupid email accounts. This last one sucks the most of all because then when I find myself at the university, downtown library or Stone's Throw, I'm sucked into a million emails and updates that I don't have the paitience to scroll through and answer.
I'm also sitting here drinking overly expensive Stone's Throw green tea to make up for the fact that my laptop and I have taken up a whole table for four for a possible two hours. I'm in such hipster-overload that even I may want to punch myself. When did I become something that I used to make fun of?
1 comment:
I feel you on the internet troubles. With the new place I'm at, it's only wireless internet. Which is fine, unless if it rains in which the entire system either craps out or is intermittent. And at Seneca, I have to log in every time I show up and then again every few hours depending on how long I'm there. And I've had to reboot my iPod Touch twice since every time I log into SARIS (great way to remind you of one of the worst things to cripple Toronto, BTW) the log in panel freezes onto the screen, so where you surf, you can't see anything past the frozen square.
I know it's relatively insignificant shit, but when you're deprived of it, it really does get under your skin.
So what's the movie you guys are working on?
Post a Comment