It's freaking gorgeous outside and the sun is coming through our living room window onto what I call my "garden shelf," which consists of our four plants. The newest is a strawberry plant which I bought on a whim from Walmart for a measly $1.99, which is good considering I've never had one live through the entire summer.
Why is that though? We've had our avocado plant for almost two years and all unintentional things we have done (moving, replanting, etc) has failed to kill it where stronger plants have perished from the same actions (2 venus fly traps, 1 cactus, 1 purple Jew plant and 2 previous strawberry plants). I just can't win and Trevor loves the avocado plant to death, which is apparently where is it not going.
The only reasoning I have for not killing it is because it thrives indoors, where-as every other plant I have attempted decides that the outdoors look nicer, but since it will never make it out there (we live in a basement apartment, no deck), it would rather kill itself internally than share our space indoors.
Staring at this avocado plant now, it's pretty much become the joke of the apartment that it will probably outlive us. It's already well over two feet tall and shows no sign of freaking stopping.
I just wish I could say the same about my new strawberry plant's future.
No comments:
Post a Comment