This is pretty much how I looked for the last three days, except for the times I was at work, trying to wrap out the office for "Lullaby for Pi." The reason it took me three days was because I wanted to absorb it, rather than rush through books like I normally do. Sometimes, I've found myself having to re-read lines in a book simpily because I read it too quickly and I couldn't do that with this book because I had to know NOW what was going to happen, otherwise I would have lost my mind.
I was 16 when I bought the first book and now 8 years later, the fifth and final book came out and I HAD to know what was going to happen, even if I already figured it out myself.
There was only one part of the book that I truly teared up on, and I'm sure everyone will laugh because it wasn't technically part of the story or involved something that happened to the characters.
It was the dedication page, which simpily stated:
"For all the readers who have cared enough
to find out what happens next."
As a person who started from the beginning of the series, all I can say is what better way is there to thank the fans than that?
1 comment:
I haven't read the books, but I know that feeling. I only felt that way twice. Once with the Harry Potter books, and the other was with BONE. I started reading it when I was 9, and it was the only thing that remained constant from my childhood into my late teens. I read the last issue in the booth of the Pizza Hut in Moose Jaw and I was blown away with it's emotional and funny ending. To me, the setting in which I read it was beside the point.
I'll be sure to get to those books after I finally get through HAUNTED by Chuck Palahniuk (and try not to scream in horror in the process), the DARK TOWER series by Stephen King and try again to listen to FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS by Hemingway.
If you're looking for another book to read, try THE ALCHEMIST by Paulo Cohelo (sp?). It's a quick read and a very deep, spiritual novel about a shepherd boy on a journey to find his Personal Legend. It's a must read, and if you can listen to the Jeremy Irons audiobook, do so.
Post a Comment