Thursday, March 26, 2009

Regina Has Paparazzi!

Working in the film industry, I thought I lived in one of the few places stars would go unnoticed while filming here. Micha Barton was here a couple years ago doing "Walled In" and I barely remember hearing about her. So was Charlize Theron ("Ferris Wheel" later "Sleepwalking"), Woody Harrelson (same) and Christian Slater ("Dolan's Cadillac).

So it surprised me a little when we heard that one of our drivers on my latest job "Lullaby for Pi" had to endure 4 "hidden" paparazzi guys when picking up Keira Knightley. I guess Pirates 1/2/3 were a big deal (I enjoyed 1, I couldn't tell you what the others were about if you paid me). I think its funny because she was only here for a few days to visit her boyfriend, who is currently filming and all the celebrity presses are making big deals because they were unable to "break" the story of her coming.
Anyways, here are two of the pictures, the rest of which can be seen here. (The guy beside her is our driver picking her up).

1 comment:

Luke Annand said...

Wow. If you hadn't posted about this, I would've had no idea that she was here. Not that I'm into celebrity gossip (the one time I went onto TMZ.com I wanted to shower afterwards), but that is pretty awesome. BTW, the woman who used to clean our house at Shannon Road was also Charlize Theron's cleaning lady, and Rikky once told me about a teacher of her's going all fangirl over seeing Mischa Barton on a treadmill.

But actual paparazzi. I guess Regina's no longer the sticks of film production.

Who was the driver? He looks so familiar.