When Jessica sleeps for too long (say between 8-11 hours), she has really weird dreams. Out of the probably 4-5 dreams I remember having last night, this one really takes the cake:
I am cleaning up in the dimmed, darkened seating area of a restaurant because apparently I am a waitress of some sort at a classy place. (NOTE: We went to Bushwakker Pub last night for food/drinks, so this may have been where this setting came from).
I look down from my wiping of a nearby table when I see a little garden snake on the floor. It's a pale green in colour, no bigger than the length of my arm and about half as wide. I freak and step on the snake, telling it, "you should know better than to come into here. What would people think?"
The snake twitches with pain under my foot and when I step off, I can see what damage I've done. There is a definate dent of a shoe-print in the snake's body, but the head is still perfectly fine. "So now what are you going to do?" I ask.
The snake does not reply but instead starts to levitate, about shoulder-high of my height. It starts gliding forward, bouncing off of tables, chairs, walls, etc around me like the object of a pinball game. Then it comes right at me, opened its mouth to reveal snake fangs, yells "REVENGE" and then bites into my neck.
I shriek in terror, rip the snake off my body, throw it on the floor, stomp on it, rip out my knife (at the Dollarama, I carry a cutting knife in my apron, so that may be where that came from) and cut the snake into four unequal pieces. The snake does not bleed, or do anything. The pieces of the snake just sit there. Panting, I ask the pieces, "So now what are you going to do?"
The pieces shake for a moment and then hover again, shoulder-length to my height. They reform themselves to re-create the little garden snake and repeat their bouncing off of chairs, walls, and tables. All to soon he comes towards me, baring fangs and declaring "REVENGE" before biting into my neck.
I freak out and try to wrench it off me. And that is when I woke up at 6am.
So out of all the dreams I had, to which to my fading knowledge included one about the Bratz movie (to which I was sadly not the asian one, but a mere bystander), one about sneaking into a public, uniformed school through a window, one about eating and buying expensive scrubs at another classy restaurant, and one about being stepped on by an enormous fat kid, crying about it and then trying to stop the pain by stabbing myself with a needle filled with drugs and water, I decided to tell the tale of the garden snake, who decided to take its revenge on me in hopes that someone out there would help me with my analysis.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment