Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Pre-Birthday Depression Ranty Rant

So for as long as I've kept a diary/journal (grade 7), I've suffered a very mild form of depression around this time every year, also known as my self-diagnosed pre-birthday depression. I say mild because I'm far from flinging myself off a high story building or from slitting my wrists. No, I just get a little down on myself. I'm not even sure why I get sad, it just happens.

Here are some things I've asked myself to determine its cause:

1). Is it caused by belated winter/crappy weather blues?
(Answer: No, the stupid weather doesn't get me down unless I don't see the sun for 3 months and so far that has never happened, so therefore it cannot be the cause.)

2). Is it a caused by a mild confusion over always hating Singles Awareness Day (Feb14th) by association?
(Answer: Hmmm, interesting, but no. Even while happily dating, I've never been fond of Valentine's Day and hated my birthday more).

3). Is it caused by too high of expectations for thinking that the day should automatically suck far less by association and be completely perfect because lets face it, at least one day a year the universe owes it to me?
(Answer: .........goddammit).

Well, now that I've figured that one out, here is an amusing picture I found while googling pre-birthday depression, just to see if there was a better scientific explanation for my bizarre, selfish condition.


Yay! I'm not alone in wishing I was 8 years old again, at least when birthdays were far more awesome. :)

1 comment:

Luke Annand said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJnCHy0p6n4