1. I don't think I will ever be completely moved out of my parents' place in Ontario. After a quick 1 1/2 week trips, I came home with a 1995 Compaq computer that is roughly the size of our television set, a box of my old CDs, and two bins of random stuff. And I know that I have at least five boxes of books somewhere in their storage, but I have no real place to put any of this.
2. After visiting with my 12 year old sister and 18 year old brother, I have come to realize that I am officially out of touch with what is considered "cool" with the teenagers. More specifically when I asked my brother if he liked Arcade Fire and he told me that they are considered "too indie" too be cool anymore.
3. Past history that it takes me about a month and a half of being back in Regina to lose all the weight I gain from being at home in Ontario, eating my mother/grandma's cooking. Or at least feel less sluggish from eating so much food.
4. Being in Ontario, where my parents have the worlds slowest internet (one tiny step up from dial-up, which is what they used to have), I have come to realize how I don't need the World Wide Web to survive or find out what is going on with everyone. But checking my email is annoying (I usually bring a book).
5. My 12 year old sister is less than an inch shorter than me. And now I've discovered to whom all the good looks in my family went to. (We compared grade 7 school pictures, she totally wins).
2 comments:
Arcade Fire "too indie"? When your music is being used in trailers (tv spot for BENJAMIN BUTTON and teaser for WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE), you're at least on the fringes of mainstream.
I think what he means is that indie music is not cool anymore. At least to the teenagers.
Post a Comment