Thursday, November 20, 2008

I love EI

It's almost the end of November and with no future film job in sight, I happily rely on unemployment insurance to get me through. Getting paid to do nothing? Hell yes! (Although, technically it's my money that I already paid into through taxes off my paychecks, so in reality, I'm just getting it back).

The best part about it is that my costs of living are so low (hooary for splitting rent/bills with Trevor) that I'm almost still at the same amount of money since I finished my job. I've gone back to the system I adapted during university when I would convince myself that I am so poor, I only buy the complete basics in life (limited groceries, barely eating out, walking everywhere, hermiting from expensive social events, etc) and never buy the things I want (video games, dvds, clothes, etc). It's nice because it diminishes compulsive urges I have to buy random things that I want and it makes Christmas shopping easier because now I don't have to worry about setting a limit because I didn't go and spend the money selfishly on myself.

And even better, in the long run, I am able to go even longer without working a crappy minimum wage job to get myself through the winter.

Thanks EI!

No comments: